Did you receive a beautiful piece of sterling silver jewelry as a gift, but have no clue how to care for it?
No worries! Follow these simple tips to keep your silver jewelry like new.
- Be sure lotions, oils, and perfumes are dry before putting on your jewelry.
- Store your pieces in a cool, dry place such as a jewelry box or airtight zip lock bag. This tip is key as heat and light will speed up the tarnishing process.
- Take your jewelry off before swimming. Salt water and pool chemicals will tarnish your pieces quickly.
- If tarnish occurs, clean your silver jewelry with a polishing cloth. Be sure the cloth is designed for use on sterling silver.
- The best way to keep your silver pieces looking new is to wear them often. I know it sounds crazy but it is true. I very rarely need to clean my everyday favorites!
And there you have it. Pretty simple, right? Of course tip #5 is my favorite😉.
Here's to lots of fresh, bright, and well loved jewelry!